Week 7:Last Week!: Sanchit Kumar

My last week in the lab was a normal week. It consisted of continuing the process of homogenizing the samples that I had collected at Catalina and putting them into labeled tubes.

Below here I have pictured the screen of the Mass Spec machine, and what data would look like.

The first flat peak is the reference nitrogen (nitrogen with a known isotopic combination). It is a flat peak because we inject this reference nitrogen at a steady pace. The second peak is the unknown nitrogen. The third is the unknown CO2 followed by the reference CO2.

This is what a typical data set would look like, and after we create this data it is sent off to my PI and graduate student to get analyzed. 

After I was done with my duties at the lab, however, I was treated to lunch with the whole lab staff and my dad, and then hit the city with my roommate and dad for Korean barbecue and delicious
soft serve ice cream.

It was a fun process and I am so grateful for The Capone Lab and all my roommates for helping me throughout this whole process. Without them, I would have been lost. From cooking to cleaning and working with the Mass Spec machine and diving, my lab and roommates really made it enjoyable and I am forever thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deja Cunningham, Week 1, Training, Training, Training!

Keeley Garvey, Week 1, von Frey X 320

Emily Guo, Week 1&2