Trung Ha, Entry #5

As the first days of August emerged, my days at the lab were also coming to an end. Because my lab has a lot of undergraduates who work there for the summer, my PI held a meeting where all the interns could present their experience and their time there.

I had a rather short notification on the schedule of the meeting so I only managed to scrap together a short presentation on the jobs I did at the lab. I presented the materials I grew (mainly MoS2) and the experience with the AFM and the annealing that I did in the clean room. I also had some data compiled in the probe station. The data showed that the devices work very consistently, with 80% device working rate. The data yielded is very promising for the future scalable production of these devices.

While I was working on my presentation, Ram also showed me some designing of chip and the basic rules that were very interesting. He successfully developed a new model of chip for his paper which would be published in November before his graduation so I'm really looking forward to it.

At the final day of my research, I went to the lab one last time to say goodbye to Dr. Johnson for the wonderful time he gave me during these 2 months. I also said goodbye to Mark and Ram for being excellent mentors who guided me through this rigorous journey. After that I went back to my apartment and pack and took the train to New York City. Shoutout to Mia for storing some of my stuff. I felt a little sad but it was an amazing experience. Thank you Mr. Sham and Dr. Peretz for providing us with such an invaluable experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deja Cunningham, Week 1, Training, Training, Training!

Keeley Garvey, Week 1, von Frey X 320

Emily Guo, Week 1&2