Mia Salas, Week 6, The End



This past week was my last week of EXP! I did a lot in the last week, though.  Kate and I worked with Gloria, continuing helping her research on epilepsy.  She let us do DNA extraction, PCR, and electrophoresis all on our own, but she did check in from time to time.  Dr. Vite was out for three days of my last week, but there was still plenty to do.

Gloria showed us how our real time PCR worked out on the graph, and we were then able to easily categorize the genotypes of the dogs.  On the last day of lab, Kate and I ate lunch in the café in the building for the first time (which we didn’t realize until then served actual food), and I had to say all my goodbyes to everyone.  It was such an amazing experience, and keep reading for my final blog post to hear about my ultimate recap of my whole experience at Penn!.... Below are pictures of the PCR, gel electrophoresis, Kate and I on my last day, and a cute dog I saw in the elevator. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deja Cunningham, Week 1, Training, Training, Training!

Keeley Garvey, Week 1, von Frey X 320

Emily Guo, Week 1&2