Abhi Elayidom, Week 6, Working on the Seed Project and Saying Goodbye


               Like I expected, the last week in my lab was pretty quiet. Because there were a lot of psychology conferences going on around at that time in the summer, a lot of people were not in the lab. Also, because it was my last week in the lab, last week was the last time that I was going to see some of the members of the lab. So, again, I had to say goodbye to another one of the members of the lab that I had gotten to know very well, Yang. What’s great about being in a professional setting is getting to hear the experiences of the well-accomplished people around. Yang recently got the title of a Postdoc and during my time in the lab, I got to hear a lot about her journey from her undergrad years in China to her postdoc years in Cornell. Members like Yang really have inspired me to pursue what I’m passionate about. Throughout her years, she has always been really interested in learning about psychology in children. So, she has gained all of her degrees in that area and now, she is going to major conferences in places like London to talk about her studies and what she is most passionate about. Saying goodbye was hard for me because Yang was my go-to friend to talk to when I got bored or just wanted some conversation.


 


 

                    In addition to saying goodbye to Yang, I also had to say goodbye to Liz Lapidow. Although I had only been in Liz’s Hypothesis Project for a little bit, she was also another one of the members of the lab I had grown close to. Even though I miss her in the lab, I’m glad that she has really big things going for her. She recently got offered a position at an amazing cognitive development lab in LA and I’m glad that is getting the chance to pursue her dreams in an amazing city that is filled with endless amazing opportunities.



 

As for what I did during my last week in the lab, I went testing with Liz on Monday for the Hypothesis Project at a preschool. That was fun and because it was her last day in the lab, she decided that we could take Lyfts back and forth from the preschool instead of taking the public bus in the heat. Other than going testing, I have pretty much been working on the Seed Project and transcribing more audio files. I decided that because it was last week in the lab, I wanted to get as much work done possible on the project before leaving. My last day was pretty hard as I had to say goodbye to the main people that I had been conversing and working with for the past 6 weeks. Overall, working in the Cognitive Computational Lab has been a great experience and I want to thank all of the lab members for making my time so enjoyable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deja Cunningham, Week 1, Training, Training, Training!

Keeley Garvey, Week 1, von Frey X 320

Emily Guo, Week 1&2